Last summer Tracy and I did quite a bit of garage sale shopping! One Saturday we happened upon Erin’s house. She had a sewing table that I really liked. BUT it would not open and I wasn’t sure I could use it for my sewing machine. So… I left empty handed to think about it.
A few hours later she texted me and said I could HAVE it if I wanted to take it off her hands! Of course I said yes!
Joey was able to pry it open for me and I was SO excited. Then we realized that my sewing machine is not compatible with it. It is an older table and my sewing machine does not have the hooks needed to hold it :(. I was pretty bummed.
A few months later I decided to make it useful… of course it involved mod podge!
These pictures are NOT the greatest…. but you get the idea.
(it was actually black, so this is after my sweet husband painted and distressed the legs for me)
there you have it… I’m seriously addicted to mod podge and scrapbook paper! Oh, and THANK YOU Erin… I will mod podge anything for you for free in exchange for the table :)
To see a sampling of my other mod podge projects click HERE!
Joey and I have never been big on celebrating Valentines day… but I DO think it’s a fun little holiday. It’s so fun to make it a special day for Jaxon too!
I saw a fun tutorial the other day from Jen @ Tatertots & Jello and HAD to make them. Of course, mine are a little different … I LOVE how they turned out!
Here is an up close of the heart:
I also fell in LOVE with this wreath from Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous ….
I had some leftover burlap from making this banner a few months ago:
I made it for the season opener… my precious banner did NOT prove to be good luck for the sooners this year :) …. Oh well, at least it’s cute!
Anyhow, I decided to make a burlap heart wreath::
I wanted a little red on it since my door is BLAH white… I wanted it to stand out a little more! I may make a trip to hob lob tomorrow and change it up a bit… I have another idea for it… I’ll let you know if I change it!
So… are you decorating for Valentines?
Today’s the day… finally! And just in time for this::
A few months ago I found this on the side of the curb in my neighborhood::
And… I turned it into THIS:::
Here’s a closer look:
I’m in love! Of course I used lots of mod podge and scrapbook paper.
By the way… this image from the VERY talented Brassy Apple was my inspiration:: Please click on the picture to go see what she did… amazing!
I have MANY more makeover projects up my sleeve…. stay tuned!
Happy Monday! – Suzanne
So, if you know me at all you know that I don’t like to be ordinary. That pertains to most parts of my life and my child is no exception. So, of course he couldn’t have just a normal nap mat! Joey had then novel idea of me making a cover for it. Well, I had an EVEN better idea and asked my friend from college, Jaime to make me one!
click on this image to go to her awesome site::
Jaime was wonderful to work with and patient with me! We emailed all the details back and forth. She sent me some great links to pick out the fabric and about a week later she mailed me the final product!! She is great if you have something in mind… I’ll bet she can help you! I think she is planning to sell custom pillowcases for kids… so CUTE!! Also, check out her CUTE baby onesies and Halloween tutu’s too!!
Jax loves his napmat now and sleeps good every day!!
Have a good weekend, take a nap, and go see Jaime!
Remember THIS post and this dresser??
Well, I am almost finished with it! And lucky for me, it’s just in time for a party!!
It’s the Roadkill Rescue party… click below for more info! Don’t forget to come back here on Monday for the big reveal!!
Hope you’re having a good week!
Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick is having a::
and I happen to have some cool finds!
I’ll post about one of my most recent finds. As mos of you know, Tracy and I do a lot of garage sailing and thrift hunting.
I’d been wanting a new step stool for Jaxon for a while. I was so happy to find this a few weeks ago::
Yes that’s right… $1.00!!!
I took Jax w/ me to pick out a color for his new stool, we then went to “hobby wobby” to pick out some paper for the top. Here’s what we came up with::
I simply painted and the adhered the paper, sanded a little and sprayed clear acrylic all over.
Here’s the finished product::
Total cost $5.00!!!
We love it!
So… If you have any thrifty makeovers, go and post now! OR, just go look through the links for some great inspiration!
Here’s a pic of some more things I need to show you once I’m finished::