Last summer Tracy and I did quite a bit of garage sale shopping! One Saturday we happened upon Erin’s house. She had a sewing table that I really liked. BUT it would not open and I wasn’t sure I could use it for my sewing machine. So… I left empty handed to think about it.
A few hours later she texted me and said I could HAVE it if I wanted to take it off her hands! Of course I said yes!
Joey was able to pry it open for me and I was SO excited. Then we realized that my sewing machine is not compatible with it. It is an older table and my sewing machine does not have the hooks needed to hold it :(. I was pretty bummed.
A few months later I decided to make it useful… of course it involved mod podge!
These pictures are NOT the greatest…. but you get the idea.
(it was actually black, so this is after my sweet husband painted and distressed the legs for me)
there you have it… I’m seriously addicted to mod podge and scrapbook paper! Oh, and THANK YOU Erin… I will mod podge anything for you for free in exchange for the table :)
To see a sampling of my other mod podge projects click HERE!
Today’s the day… finally! And just in time for this::
A few months ago I found this on the side of the curb in my neighborhood::
And… I turned it into THIS:::
Here’s a closer look:
I’m in love! Of course I used lots of mod podge and scrapbook paper.
By the way… this image from the VERY talented Brassy Apple was my inspiration:: Please click on the picture to go see what she did… amazing!
I have MANY more makeover projects up my sleeve…. stay tuned!
Happy Monday! - Suzanne
Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick is having a::
and I happen to have some cool finds!
I’ll post about one of my most recent finds. As mos of you know, Tracy and I do a lot of garage sailing and thrift hunting.
I’d been wanting a new step stool for Jaxon for a while. I was so happy to find this a few weeks ago::
Yes that’s right… $1.00!!!
I took Jax w/ me to pick out a color for his new stool, we then went to “hobby wobby” to pick out some paper for the top. Here’s what we came up with::
I simply painted and the adhered the paper, sanded a little and sprayed clear acrylic all over.
Here’s the finished product::
Total cost $5.00!!!
We love it!
So… If you have any thrifty makeovers, go and post now! OR, just go look through the links for some great inspiration!
Here’s a pic of some more things I need to show you once I’m finished::