1. I like music. I realized the other day that I haven’t explored new music in quite a while. Something about the past six months caused bits of me to disappear and I’m just now starting to find pieces of ME again. Or maybe it’s that I’m realizing pieces of ME are missing. I’ll get there. So today my sister gave me a new pandora channel. I’m loving it right now. I love music.
2. I miss my sister. Like a whole bunch. She moved to cali 5 years ago this month. I can’t believe it’s been that long. Sometimes I just want a sister night. Sometimes I just want her to be at tj maxx with me to tell me the shoes or shirt is ugly and not to buy it. Sometimes I just want to sit on the couch together not talking and playing on our laptops. I love my sister. And her sweet husband. And my cute niece, Zoe and the other one inside of her belly.
3. holy cow, our kids look just like us. wow. I just saw this picture when I linked the post above and did a double take. at least we were cute! I really want to reach into this picture and kiss Stacey’s cheeks and tickle those little rolls.
4. I need to post some new pictures of Eli on here.
5. I want to make pasta carbonara. I have wanted to make it for a really long time. I’m afraid of it. ha. It’s the eggs. Do they cook? Have you made it? Do you have a good recipe?
6. my random thoughts were running wild when I started this post. Now the music is making me chill and therefore slowing down the random thoughts.
8. I need to find another good book to read. I just finished black heels to tractor wheels. loved it.
9. I’m such a magazine junkie. I’ve started giving my magazines away as soon as I’m done reading them. It makes me feel good to pass them on during the issue month and it’s nice not to have the clutter around. I save all of my food network magazines.
10. Speaking of food. before all of our baby drama started back in August, we were picking one new recipe a week and making it. It was so fun to decide and prepare and critique. We’re starting this again this week.
11. I have not made fried chicken in forever. Like in about 11 years or so. Joey has really been wanting some homemade fried chicken. his birthday is this week. I have bone-in chicken pieces marinating in a seasoned buttermilk bath waiting to be dreged in flour and fried tomorrow. I hope it turns out.
12. Frying foods scares me. I’d rather oven “fry”
13. I think I think about food an awful lot. I wish I could stay home all day and bake/cook something new each day.
14. I’m getting sleepy.